Friday, May 19, 2006

Trouble with the Law. . and season finales

So today has been rather eventful. This morning I took my car to the shop. I dropped it off, and then left in my husband's car. As I was backing out of the parking lot. . BLAM. After a not-so-nice word escaped my mouth, I realized what happened. A 17 yr-old kid who was obviously NOT rear-view mirror friendly backed himself into the little blue civic. Awww, sad. It's injured now. So, the nice police lady came (I was so disappointed. She didn't even put her lights on or blow her little sirens) and we filed the report. While waiting forEVER for the police lady to write this report (it must have been her first filing incident) I made small-talk with my new enemy. This was his last day of school and he was missing his Spanish exam. I thought about telling him he wouldn't need that ever again in life but decided against it. I'd rather see him sweat it out.

So instead of going back home, enjoying a cup of coffee (which was growing cold on my kitchen counter, of course), making plans for the day (gardening, washing clothes, oh yes), I ran ALL OVER FREAKING TOWN to get estimates of the damage done to the little blue civic. And let me just give a word of advice here. . don't go to Nugent Auto Body shop. Just don't do it.

That was my Friday. My one off-day of the week. Sigh.

And now onto the matter at hand. .
I swear to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me Blogger Police. Yes, I confess my poor little blog has been post-less since last Friday. Oh what shame covers my good name! I sit here at work (typing in Word, to post later seeing as how I am surrounded by Internet Police) and am astounded by my lack of blog skills. Let me explain. . . see, it’s season finale season. So, for two nights I was trapped in front of my television watching anxiously, on my knees in agony, to see if the Hippies would outwit the Frat Girls. And The Unit had my undivided attention right down to the gunshot wound (was it fatal? Just a wound??). But, those are my shows and they’re over. On to the NBA finals. Go Mavs!
I am making a proposal to the Blog Police. I hereby request to be a weekly blogger. Any extra blogs will be considered fantastic & viewed with wonderment & awe. I do embrace the Blog. I will love it & kiss it. I promise. You see, my fellow bloggers, it's all about the anticipation. Wisdom from Bloggershy. Oh yes, soak it up.

Actually I just want total control of all other blogs. MOOHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA.. instead of a dark lord I will be a QUEEN!! Oh dear.

And my quote isn’t scary, Shannon. Perhaps you should cast your evil spirit out.

Signing off. Peace to the little blue civic.

13 comments:

katie said...

well well well, bloggershy, you have redeemed yourself....okay, i will agree to your terms, but ya gotta start posting pictures..yes, bloogershy, pictures......don't roll your eyes at me bloggershy! Blog Police sees all, knows all! :) Sorry about your blue civic,BS...total bummer....i had a honda accord that i loved and had for many a year and then totalled it...so i know how it is....Blog on, girl!! Great post today!! :)

Becky said...

Go with it Bloggershy...she's lettin' you off easy. REAL easy.

Mandy said...

Aw man...the little blue civic! That car has been through it. Bummer. Wow. I can't BELIEVE Blogger Police is letting you get away with those terms. But, your weekly post today was most excellent, so if you keep that up, we'll be in business. However, we do need to see a little more comment action around the 'hood. :)

Shannon said...

It only scares me because I don't understand it.

bloggershy said...

you're too kind, blogger police.

have we formerly introduced ourselves? eh hem. . my name is Jenny, or J-Lo as Mandy endearingly (word?) calls me. i'm here in Rome and this is my blog. nice to meet you. i really have heard great things, not all comments have been that you're crazy & make up words or anything like that. at all. whatsoever.

& hello there, 3men&alady. we're going to get along just fine. are you the tennis player?

so i tried to post a picture from the web but it asks for the URL. what? universal rural language? unify roman langauges? help me out.

bloggershy said...

oh, and the quote means something like if you're idle then your mind will be idle which is bad all around. the mind idling is sort of like a car idling. just sitting there, no motion, no gears moving. no growth, no action. . gotta keep movin'. and YOU KNOW who the evil spirit is. moooo ha hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa.

my mind is on cars today. wittle bwue civie-poo. bad evil punk kid w/ no rear-view mirror manners.

so i just have to throw this in here. we went to the drive-in movie theatre in Centre, AL. time warp, man. really weird. i should've worn my overalls for SURE. yee haw, git in the truck ya'll, we're goin to the big screen.

katie said...

you are a riot, bloggershy! allow me to introduce myself as well...My name is Katie AKA Cup of Joe...and i have a 2year old named Joe and well, i am addicted to blogging thanks to Three Men and a Lady! and sadly, that is my life....so, nice to meet you! and i look forward to blogging with you in the future!

katie said...

sorry you missed the blog party last nite....if you want a good laugh go to Three Men's blog and click on the comments under the Friday's Feast! hehehe!

bloggershy said...

i read. . wait, i saw. . um, i listened to the blog party. mannnn, ya'll be hittin some funky stuff youknowwhati'msayin.

Mandy said...

So the URL thing. Either upload a picture on a post, then click on it and paste that URL code to the profile, or if you find a pic somewhere on the www, it should have a URL that you can use. This may require you to upload a picture. I know...I know. Stop rolling your eyes! I see that! J-LO! Did you just use an obscene gesture???? Well, I...just....loss for words....

Becky said...

Uh, yes, I am A tennis player. I wouldn't call me THE tennis player. I'm flattered, really, but I haven't picked up a racket in quite a while. Really, it's like riding a bike, though...but I digress.

A lot of times if you want pictures off the web, the site you're taking it from has to pay a fee. So to be a nice blogger, you should save the picture to your computer (in your my pictures file or another folder) and then upload it from your computer. It's an extra step, yes, but it's really more fair since it's someone else's picture anyway...

Mandy said...

Alright, J-LO. It has been one week and one day. Unless you would like another Blog Police Warning...

katie said...

Bloggershy-This is another warning from the blog police......you are being charged with failure to blog in the 1st degree....yes, this time it's 1st degree not 2nd......i said you could go a week without a post but no longer...Bloggershy, you have been warned.....