Wednesday, September 03, 2008

For Mandy

A Few of my Favorite Things

Walmart's cinnamon swirl bread from the bakery--$2.00 a loaf. Every morning, with my cup of heaven juice (another fav, but fairly well known). On particularly hungry mornings, a dab of butter, squirt of syrup. Yum.

Calliou, the GPB cartoon. That kid is great. And comforting, somehow. 11:30 AM.

Cold Play's #13 song on the DNA album. Makes me all emotional and furclempt (spelling?)

8:00 PM. After 8, life is great.

Home-made bonfires in the back yard. Like camping, but I look over my shoulder, and oh, there's my house. With my comfy bed. And shower.

Realizing I've been wearing bunny ears for the past 3 hours. Husband comes home. 'Do you know you're wearing bunny ears?' Oh yeah.

Paying $9.99/month for full cable, even after we've reminded Comcast to shut it off. For two consecutive years.

While in heavy traffic on Shorter Avenue (when is it not heavy?) my very smart VW Passat blares a warning 'BEEP' and then flashes this command on the little display screen: 'STOP NOW STOP NOW'. That's one of my favorite things.

And now it's 8PM.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Yay!!! Thanks! Okay, gotta check out the new Coldplay album, cause I've always loved Coldplay, and definitely need to try out that bread! Yum! I appreciate you playing along :)

Jennifer Jolly said...

You are so funny!
Love the bunny ears.
Score on the cable. That happened to us in seminary, only we paid nothing because we actually cancelled it; although we could still get it through the VCR.

Mandy said...

I feel so honored that you would leave this post up so long, what with it being dedicated to me and all. Merry Christmas to you and your little family!