Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sunshine Surprise

Ah, the sun is shining! After a long week (& it's not over) with two sick girls and now myself getting sick, I needed some sun shine. When I saw blue skies and a golden glow this morning, I threw open all the blinds. I opened the back door and looked out over the yard, enjoying the semi-warmth and imagining the sun rays sinking into my head and healing the sickies. While I sipped my coffee, I heard a familiar thu-thump, thu-thump, thu-thump across our roof. Another squirrel. I spotted the fur ball jumping from the edge of our roof onto a branch that hangs over our deck. Wait. Mid-schlerp. Is that a giant RAT?? No. It's a squirrel with absolutely no fur on its tail. I wanted to vomit. And so I slammed the door shut.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

This is one of the best things I have read all week. Thank you :) I love when you blog!

Kelly said...

Hahaha! I didn't see that coming!

The Jones Family said...

you make me laugh!