Tuesday, June 09, 2009

A Toast

Here's to my friend Michelle, who finally started her own blog today (www.michellehankins.wordpress.com). We are so proud. Coming from someone who once swore she'd never blog (right, Mandy?), this is a big step. So, I'd like to propose a toast. Michelle, as you navigate these blogger waters, remember: Don't assume the important folks aren't reading your stuff. I know for a fact Laura Bush follows my blog, she just has to remain anonymous for obvious reasons. . #2, The boring stuff is the funny stuff. #3, Yes, we do want to hear about how the folks at the ice cream shop heard you rant and rave at your kids in the drive-thru. #4, We WILL read your blog. #5, Blogging about your family secrets is more like. . journaling. So, it's okay. #6, Give us more stories of how you only shower on Sundays. #7, Don't worry, Brad won't read it. #8, We really really will read your blog. #9, Pictures, pictures, pictures! and. . . . #10, We ARE reading.

Good luck, friend. May the force be with you.

5 comments:

jordan said...

So, is that wheat toast?

Michelle said...

Jenny, Thanks for the toast - however, it needed lots more butter. I love butter! I appreciate your encouraging words on blogging, I am sure Laura Bush will be follow me as well - She is a fellow Texan you know.

Did I mention I Love Butter?
peath out, sista'

Jenny said...

geez! sorry guys. will find better picture of toast. er, should i say, butter.

dixi + russ said...

yeah Mrs. Bush follows my blog too! I tracked her IP address from the Whitehouse. Oh wait, that would be Mrs. Obama now... guess that's even better in my house! haha
No seriously. Someone from the whitehouse really follows my blog, cause i really did see someone from DC on my stats... who could it be...

Mandy said...

I will read! enjoy blogging, and remember, it is all about entertaining me, so, you know, entertain me. :)