Friday, September 11, 2009

things i say these days

give her something to play with.
do you need to go potty?
i will tell her no no, not you.
drink your milk.
i'm too short to reach the bird.
yes, one day i will fly with you.
let's dance.
gimme five.
we can't play in the street because we might get hit by a car.
yes, i would cry.
your pink spoon is dirty.
sit in the blue chair so she won't bother you.
what shape is this? what color is this?
sing me a song.
i can't get under the table, i will bonk my head.
eat.
let's run.
use words.
Mimi is at work. so is Dad-dad. so is Daddy. you're stuck with me, kiddo.
let's go for a walk.
here's your juice.
i will put medicine and a band-aid on it.
i don't know where Dora lives.
where do you live?
be patient.
find something else to play with.
try not to get frustrated. say 'Help me, Mama.'
sit on your bottom.
have fun.
there are rats in your hair.
i love you. and you.
peanut butter & honey or peanut butter & jelly?
stay on the deck. do not get off the deck.
step on that ant.
obey me the first time.
it hurts to climb chain-link fences.
almost there.
try not to fall off the front porch.
do not slam doors.
do not lay on the floor in walmart.
time to go nite-nite.
nope, no scary noises here.
i love you.
yes, we'll read more stories tomorrow.
night-night.

The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
For children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.

1 comment:

dixi + russ said...

i want to be like you when i grow up. no really. i do.