Friday, February 19, 2010

she's 11!


so i have a niece named mari olivia (endearingly referred to as 'Mo'). . she turned 11 years old last Monday, and this post is all about her.
when my sister found out she was pregnant, back in 1998, she had it in her mind to have an abortion. keeping the date rape a secret from my parents, and considering her difficult life situation as it was, she left work early one morning to have the procedure done. at the same time, a very close older friend of hers met her in the work parking lot. she was not aware of my sister's news, but she knew God wanted her to go find her. when my sister realized God had literally put her in her path, she broke down and shared her secret. instead of going to have an abortion, my sister and her friend went to the nearest crisis pregnancy center. and about 9 months later, Mari Olivia was born!
i don't understand God's ways, but i do understand that He works. and this little girl is living proof of His grace.
Mo and I have had lots of fun through-out the years. i taught her to swim, as you can see above.
i taught her the secrets of professional baseball.
but she has taught me a lot more.
she's been through a lot in her young life. i've learned strength from her.
i've learned to love Jesus even more, through her.

and i've learned some parenting skills from her.
natalie's BFF. tomorrow Nat and I are going to take her out for her birthday, in Birmingham. we're pumped. we love you, and I'm so very thankful for the huge blessing of your birth!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday, Mary Olivia! Have funny celebrating with Moe and Nat!

雪糕 said...

Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.............................................