Wednesday, May 12, 2010

too tall

i don't know what's happened to me.

i have bungee jumped 3 times without hesitation (one on the highest jump in the West).

i did a horrible huge human swing of some sort at 6Flags.

i've rapelled two times and loved it.

the taller the better.

i don't need to remind you how many speeding tickets i've gotten, much less how many times i've been pulled over (30-ish?).

i had no fear. none.

but now.

i don't know if it was because of a hiking accident i had in college, or because i have little kids that rely on me. . but i feel myself get nauseous when i walk to the edge of a tall structure/cliff/ridge/thing. i felt it for the first time when the husband and i were hiking forever at Pigeon Mountain on our anniversary and found a super great waterfall. i walked to the edge to take a picture, and it was like i suddenly felt like i was about to see my breakfast. today, while on the treadmill at the Y, i was watching Fox News and a commercial came on. you may have seen it. it's for Adventure Mountain, some crazy mini-boot-camp place for kids in Nashville or something. this young boy & girl were jumping from platform to platform, as high as the trees, swinging, looking extremely happy. the camera angles showed them from above looking down to their nervous goofy parents below. and suddenly, while on the treadmill (again, just a reminder), i felt like i was going to fall off! seriously!

weird. am i getting old?

2 comments:

Grace Wheeler said...

Jenny WEIRD...I do this too!!! And I NEVER used to! Maybe we are just getting old...like this is the first stage of dementia?

Whatever it is, I know I didn't used to be like this, and now I am...you aren't alone!

Anonymous said...

Real nice ! Many thanks !