Thursday, June 03, 2010

#21, 22, 23

don't you love this?

21. I set the tone for my home. . . it's taken me a while to learn this. no, this doesn't mean i'm the leader, or that everyone does what i say. it means, if i'm cranky, so are my children. if i'm impatient/moody/depressed/downright angry, there's no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. it's not like i can sit down and eat a bowl of ice cream and everything is better. i have to take control of my own self, before anything else gets better. . before she starts behaving, before she changes her attitude, before she gives me a hug and kiss. i have to change first. and really, i'd rather shave my face with a cheese grater sometimes. but, with God's tremendous grace, it works.

22. "When angry, count four. When very angry, swear." Mark Twain--can i get an Amen?

23. My husband is always right, and that is so free-ing. . .wellllll, i mean. on uh-lot of things. big things, little things. i like to say he thinks i'm money smart, car smart, concepts smart, thinking-ahead smart. . but it's just not true, folks. i'm thankful he knows me so well, that when i say 'ooh ooh! let's empty our savings and buy matching mopeds!' he agrees whole-heartedly to make me feel good, and then quietly reminds me we're poor as dirt. oh. i just love that i can trust him completely with all things Our Life. i love that i know exactly where our winter mittens are kept and he knows how well the IRA in the Roth-Rollover Taxable thingie is doing on the market today. thanks, babe.

No comments: