Friday, August 20, 2010

i'm cooler than you think

ahhh. rain. finally.

getting ready for vacation is hard work. the girls and i have been hunkered (ya'll know what 'hunkered' means, right??) down at the house mostly this week. . i've been cooking off and on for food to take, tried to do two loads of laundry a day, wash and change bed sheets, clean my moldy shower. . all the things i want to be done when i come back.

so yesterday at nap time, i made myself a double portion of ramon noodles with loads of butter and garlic salt, and sat down to eat and work on a web-page which i'll soon be sharing with you. suddenly, my husband calls and said he's almost home. this was weird because he had been about 3 hours away for work all morning, and i figured he would probably be in late that evening.

this was our conversation.

him: 'now listen to me carefully. i need you to empty out your car and vacuum it. like right now.'
me: 'huh.'
him: 'we're most likely buying a van today.'
me: 'huh?'
him: 'i've got to print some things off and leave in like 15 minutes to get it.'
me: 'are we selling the Passat?'
him: 'yep.'
me: 'what moron is going to buy it??'
him: 'i'm trading it to a dealer.'
me: speechless.

so, today, folks. he's coming home with the van. i haven't seen it or driven it. but i'm pumped. gone are the sarcastic ideas of soccer moms and bad mom drivers. i can handle it. but, like i told my husband last night, i have to get a cool bumper sticker or something. like 'i love dolly parton' or 'john denver was a republican.'

or would that stain my image?

anyways. and tomorrow we are on the road and for the first time, i'm pumped about SPACE in the car. BEAUTIFUL, SWEET, PERFECT SPACE.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats on the van! As the owner of a 20 year old Civic (and two in car seats) I'm beyond jealous!

Cathy said...

Lucky. I want a van. I found you on blog frog tonight and now I'm a follower!

nault's nook said...

found your blog on blog frog an am a new follower! Congrats on the van!

carlotta said...

how exciting! congratulations :) we've never owned a van - we have a suburban instead - but i love them :)

Kristi said...

totally jealous... no vans in my future. yay for you! :)
*following u a la blogfrog ♥