Tuesday, September 14, 2010

i'm one of those.

i had not gone a half mile, on my way to the walmart with the girls in our new ride. preparing to turn left, i saw a car behind me flashing his lights and motioning for me to pull over. surely he's in a hurry. must be an emergency. so, i pulled to the side, thinking he would quickly go around me. nope. it seemed he was even more adamant about me continuing on. hm, i thought. he must be going the same way as me or something. strange. i continued on my way, turned left, tra-la-la. well, he became even more adamant, hazard lights on, waving his arms for me to pull over.

i should probably do what the man says, i thought.

i pulled over and waited for. . what. a prize? an announcement? a beating?

nope. that nice young man quickly saved one of the Eldest's favorite books that somehow had been left on the van bumper overnite. as i reached for it through my window, i said 'oh my gracious! how did that happen?? thank you!!'

and i laughed, so as not to cry, all the way to walmart.

i'm one of those now. welcome.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOL... This story actually reminds me of the Swagerwagon commercial! The one where the mom is feeling all good in her Swaggerwagon and at a stop sign a couple of construction workers are all pointing at her and she thinks they think she is cute or something, but then comes to find out she has a diaper bag on her roof! I have left my coffee on my roof before - it could be worse, we could leave our children on the curb instead of loading them in the car.

Sonja said...

Very funny! I've done a wallet and it stayed on until I noticed down the street. Of course the first thing I did is look and see if anyone saw me!