Thursday, September 23, 2010

slowing down

so, usually a really slow day for me is if the girls & i stay home all day. if we can go to the Y or the library, or even walmart (yeck) in the morning, it definitely helps fill time. and i think the Eldest really likes getting out & about, especially if we have been home for a day or two in a row.

not so much right now. this third pregnancy is really kicking me from behind. sometimes i can barely walk, sometimes i can't seem to catch my breath. so doing the every-day tasks takes a lot more effort and time. i used to do a few 'tougher' tasks for one day--walmart trip & prepare dinner before lunch, trim bushes & do laundry & dinner, or vacuum & dust & laundry & dinner--has turned into trim bushes & re-heat dinner, walmart & sandwiches for dinner, or laundry & dinner.

and that is a-okay. now that miss poopy shorts can roam the yard freely without getting too badly hurt, it's been nice to sit on the deck and watch them both play. . and fight. and i think they like the slower pace, too.

speaking of gender (what??) this Saturday is miss poopy shorts 2nd birthday family party! not only will she get her cake & cookies and all sorts of attention, but inside that cake will be pink. . or blue.

i know you're excited. i am too. so get ready!

6 comments:

Arielle said...

Good Afternoon Jenny,


My name is Arielle and I work with a small publicity company that partners with Christian authors trying to get their books off the ground. I read through many blogs to find the best possible readers for our authors. I am very eager to add you personally to my list of reviewers for a specific book.

I'd love to send you a book to review, if this is something you'd be interested in please let me know! I hope to be hearing from you soon

Arielle Roper
arielle@bringitoncommunications.com
Bring It On! communications
www.BringItOncommunications.com

Sonja said...

Cool! I'm so excited to see the cake too!

It's rough to feel so run down when you are expecting--hope you have some good days for the party!

Billie Poteet said...

Just found your blog through the blogfrog comment string about getting the word out about personal blogs! Looking forward to reading!

Mandy said...

Can't wait to hear about next little Long! I vote pink. But, I'm usually wrong. So, maybe I vote blue. OR! Twins! One pink and one blue.

Victoria's Voice said...

I am your newest follower. I really like your blog and look forward to updated posts.

I am awarding you the One Lovely Blog Award. Stop by and pick it up when you get a chance.

Have a great evening!

Vickie
victoriasvoice44.blogspot.com

Sue said...

Well, gosh darn it! Victoria beat me to it! I, too, have bestowed the "One Lovely Blog" award upon your site. Great minds...

And here's to slowing down. Nothing wrong with that. Not. One. Thing. :)