Friday, November 19, 2010

better than christmas

he's home, and it's better than christmas.

the things i did count on while he was gone was the physical. . knowing everything would be my decision, handling all meals & bedtimes, bath-times, errands. . these things i was prepared for and did every day without batting an eye.

what i didn't count on was the intense loneliness that began as soon as he left the house for the airport. now, i'm a pretty independent gal. you can throw several different things at me at once, and i can handle it (minus an emotional-pregnancy-related breakdown every now & then. i mean, come on. i'm a girl). i'm fine with being alone at night, i'm fine with sleeping alone, i'm fine with the physical toils of every day living. . but in this instance, it was different.

and now that he's home, i am completely exhausted. done. spent. it's as if my body is saying 'ahhhh, finally. our helpmate is back.' i sure didn't count on this, either.

and what do you call that? God's grace, ya'll. His grace was completely sufficient for me the past couple weeks.

and that makes me incredibly thankful.

3 comments:

Susan Evans said...

I feel the same way about my husband. When he's away, I feel like half of me is missing.

Anonymous said...

Everything right in this article. Good blog, he brought to your favorites.

Anonymous said...

Super-duper! Seriously, I'm not kidding!